YG Construction & Development has been in the premium home building business since 2009, focused on delivering residential construction that lasts a lifetime.
Managing Director Gad Peretz has always preferred to build with structural concrete as it is the most common form of construction in Europe, where he began his early engineering studies. AFS Rediwall, a permanent formwork system from AFS Systems, has become his preferred construction method.
Explaining why concrete is his material of choice, Peretz says, “Concrete lasts a lifetime and provides a high quality and rewarding lifestyle. We know it provides protection against all weather conditions; it provides sound insulation and is structurally sound for at least a hundred years.
“For me, that’s the way to build. You build it once and it lasts forever, that’s why I think concrete is the best and AFS is the best concrete system.
Peretz is in the final stages of completing a large, high profile home in Melbourne’s Ashwood using AFS and is very pleased with the results.
His own team installed the Rediwall wall system, working with AFS technical consultants.
“We provide value throughout, including all the details,” he explains. “In houses like this, everything has to be perfect.”
Contemporary in design with detailed finishes throughout, the exterior of the new home will be weather sealed; inside, cleats will be attached to the Rediwall structure. This will be finished with insulation and plaster to create a smooth, modern surface.
The three-level house is located in the steep slope of a natural park and includes a huge basement, with panoramic views through a floating infinity pool, also built using AFS Rediwall. The basement has been designated as a home cinema, so good acoustics are particularly important, another characteristic of concrete systems.
Underfloor heating will help offset the effects of chilly Melbourne nights.
“It’s a very efficient form of heating,” says Peretz, “and the AFS makes it easy to install.”
The partnership with AFS Rediwall has given the company and the project recognition and success.
“Quality construction attracts quality customers,” adds Peretz. “From start to finish, we focus on the end result.”
About AFS Rediwall
AFS Rediwall is a lightweight and versatile permanent formwork system that is quick and easy to install. AFS Rediwall is proudly manufactured and owned in Australia, conforms to AS3600 Concrete Structures, meets NCC requirements and is CodeMark certified.
- Is at least twice as fast to install as traditional blocks
- Requires virtually no machine-assisted installation
- Panels are lighter than blockwork or wood, so easy to handle
- Components snap together or slide together for hassle-free installation
- Has dedicated after-sales services, offering free on-site training and support
- Includes a full range of profiles to maximize floor space and minimize concrete
- Has an internal webbing design which allows for easier placement of reinforcement bars and for better concrete flow when filling the core
- Includes a high quality semi-gloss pre-finish so you can have a smooth, clean finished surface, or allow other finishes such as rendering to be applied
- Requires fewer tradespeople to install and creates less mess on site, helping to minimize occupational health and safety risks