Morning people Southampton! Diane Witek here with a fresh Southampton Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
The winds are calming, not so cold. Top: 41, bottom: 31.
Here are the best stories today in Southampton:
- “The New York State Public High School Athletic Association has recognized all of the Southampton High School fall sports teams as varsity athlete teams. To earn recognition, 75 percent of each team had to have a cumulative GPA greater than 90 percent.” (Facebook)
- Riverhead’s Anti-Bias Task Force is hosting the “MLK: Through Many Voices” event on Saturday at 10 am. follow in his footsteps, said the ABTF. The Martin Luther King, Jr. Day event at Riverhead can be in person or online through Zoom. The event is free to the public and will be held at the Riverhead Library. Pre-registration is required for either. Register to attend in person here or by calling 631-727-3228. Subscribe to Zoom here; the link for Zoom will be sent after registration. (Riverhead Patch)
Today’s Southampton Daily is brought to you in part from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
- Southampton School District Information: “The Education Council will hold a regular meeting on Tuesday, January 11, 2022. The meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m. and it is expected that the Council will move directly to the executive session to discuss collective bargaining.” (Facebook) (Website)
- City of Southampton – Government: “City Council Meeting Access Information – January 11, 2022: Due to public health and safety concerns related to COVID-19, Southampton City Council will not be meeting in person. “(Facebook) (Website)
- Peconic Land Trust: “Downs Farm Preserve is on Northforker’s Top 5 Winter Walks list. The Trust holds a conservation easement on the reserve which provides protection for the earth’s natural, cultural and archaeological resources. “(Facebook) (Website)
- Long Island Council on Alcohol and Drug Addiction: “LICADD has been proud to serve the people of Long Island for 65 years! If you or a loved one is struggling with drug addiction, please contact our offices at (516) 747-2606 or (631) 979-1700. #LICADD, #addictionrecovery, #recovery, #servicesdesupportauxaddictions. “(Facebook) (Website)
- Next door, Southampton Watermill: “Moving – I need to hire someone with a truck to take furniture to the landfill. Suggestions ? “(The next door)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- East Wind Wedding Showcase. Located at East Wind Long Island, 5720 NY-25A, Wading River. (January 16)
- Add your event.
Concerts and services:
Do you like the Southampton Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Alright, all is well for today! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
– Diane witek
About Me: Avid Writer, Web Designer, Social Media Marketer, and recently proclaimed Baker. Lovers of nature and animals of all kinds.